Is there more to life than children and family?

More to the horizon than what's for dinner?

Join me as I ponder some personal views on parenting, people relationships, fun and the big wide consumerist world we live in... or... "how to raise nice kids and survive the process".

Monday, October 4, 2010

What are women about?

I haven't blogged for a while because basically I've been back at work.  I've even taken a giant leap and taken on a NEW CAREER PATH !  You know - its all the rage for people my age (and more).  Apparently its quite common and we can expect to do it more than once in our lifetime.

Well, barleese!  I know now why I should have worked harder and been better focussed when I was in my early 20's and studying at uni.  It's SO much harder now !!  I have less energy than back then, and I have a million more distractions (like husband, kid, house to manage etc). 

Some days I'm really proud of myself for achieving what I am, and doing something proactive to improve myself and my prospects etc...

And some days I'm just really sad that I can't be the person I really want to be - the kind of work I really want to do doesn't pay !! (parenting, volunteer committeee work, volunteer sports coaching and umpiring, fostering kids etc...)

I used be be a raging feminist - spouting off about equal rights and women and do anything !  Now, I wonder if the feminism movement hasn't just made life harder for women.  (Of course, there have been some huge benefits too - can't deny it). 

Is it just a case of the grass being greener?

No comments:

Post a Comment