Is there more to life than children and family?

More to the horizon than what's for dinner?

Join me as I ponder some personal views on parenting, people relationships, fun and the big wide consumerist world we live in... or... "how to raise nice kids and survive the process".

Friday, June 11, 2010

I LOVE... my new fridge




For quite a few years now, in fact, ever since I moved in with my now hubby, we’ve had a fairly small fridge / freezer. We eat a lot of fresh veg and we are not the sort of people that have a fridge with not much in it… so eventually, finally, we have moved onto something bigger and this time I’ve gone for all fridge. We have a small chest freezer in the garage – where we keep excess veg, bulk supplies of bread etc – so didn’t have the need for freezer access on a daily basis. But with limited space in which to put the new machine in, we had to do something different in order to get the volume size I wanted.


We finally got this one – a F & P 420litre, and I love it. A big part of why I love it is it’s great energy rating. It’s 5 star rated which means it is VERY energy efficient.



In fact, we’re told it will only cost about $60 a year to run!! Terrific. But even better, it will do less damage to our environment. In fact, about as minimal damage as we can do while having a fridge in the home.


I feel greener already!



 
 
 
 
 
pic by by Stephen Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment